How do I get a title for an abandoned camper?

I acquired an abandoned camper over 2 years ago, that was left at my parents campground. I have no papers on it, and any attempt to contact the old owners has been unsuccessful. To further complicate matters, the camper was titled in NJ and I live in NY. Is there any way to put this camper in my name without any paperwork or proof of ownership?

I assume you already checked the camper’s VIN # online and was still unable to contact the owner, so I believe you should ask at your department of motor vehicles.